[SLUG] re:recovery image, including backups

From: A2L1 (A2L1@gte.net)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 01:07:32 EDT

 A little while back there was some discussion about this
and I dont recall the string but I did stumble on this and
maybe it was what the person was looking for

"mkCDrec (Make CD-ROM Recovery) makes a bootable (El Torito)
disaster recovery image, including backups of the Linux
system to one or
more CD-ROM(s) (multi-volume sets). Otherwise, the backups
can be stored
on another disk, NFS disk, or (remote) tape. After a disk
crash or system
intrusion, the system can be booted from the CD-ROM and one
can restore
the complete system as it was. It also features disk
cloning, which allows
one to restore a disk to another disk (the destination disk
does not have
to be of the same size, as it calculates the partition
layout itself).
Currently, ext2, ext3, minix, MS-DOS, FAT, VFAT, Reiserfs,
XFS, and JFS"

anyway hope this will help
http://freshmeat.net/projects/mkcdrec/?topic_id=137%2C147%2C42
thats the string but incase it doesnt load just search for
Make CD-ROM Recovery

                                        A J