Re: [SLUG] Editing PDF

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 08:43:24 EDT

Robert Stia wrote:
> Hi Sluggers,
>
> I know that Ghost View views PDF documents. Is there a way to edit PDF
> documents and return them to their original format for publication on the
> web, so that the Windoze people can view them? Can this be done in Open
> Office?
>
> Bob S

Basically, no. I used to work with Adobe FrameMaker in conjunction with
Acrobat, and we were never able to turn a PDF back into a good source
document. We always had to get the FrameMaker or RTF documents from the
person who created the PDF. Barring that, the best that you can do is
probably cut-and-paste, and try to re-create all of the formatting.

--ronan