Re: [SLUG] Thinkpad 760E/EL?

From: Andrew Wyatt (awyatt@fewt.com)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 08:28:18 EDT

On Sunday 25 August 2002 07:37 am, btt@nethouse.com wrote:
> Hello...
>
> I have the option to purchase an IBM Thinkpad 760E for $389. It
> appears to be in good condition. Does anyone have a laptop like this
> who as succesfully installed linux and could comment on how well or
> how not-so-well it runs. Are the pcmcia cards (like, say, for LAN)
> pretty stable under linux?

You will have to run Xfree 3.3.6 with this notebook, and if it has a DSTN you
will hate the screen with a passion. There is also a TFT model, I hated the
screen on mine so badly that I purchased a screen from a 760xl and "made it
fit" lol. It's probably only a P120 or P133 anyway so in my opinion it's not
worth $389.00. You can probably find a decent celeron 300 or 400 for that
price.

-Andrew