[SLUG] back to synching samba with uix passwords

From: patrick grantham (pwgrant@cssi-fl.com)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 23:29:11 EDT

I am not sure what I did some time ago. New unix users are unable to login
in the the NT domain managed by the samba server. Assuming it's a password
sync, how do I tell samb to use the unix passwords? Or at the very least
sync the samba password file with the unix password file. Users are able to
telnet and FTP, but not connect to the domain. Accounts that were created at
the time the box was built are able to login normally, just not new accounts.
 Any ideas?

Patrick