Re: [SLUG] Converting from a Excel Work sheet to Ascii Text

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 22:23:55 EDT

Why not just open the file in a spread sheet then save it as a text file then
open it in a word processor and then do a edit replacemrnt. Total estimated
time 5 minutes.

I just tried this by creating a spread sheet in Open offive then saving it as
a text file but when I attempted to open it as a word document in open office
it automatically converted to a spread sheet so I then opened it in Abbie
Word. To convert it to tab deliminated all I would then have to do was a
replacement of the "," characters with ^t and I would have what you
described.

Frank