Re: [SLUG] Converting from a Excel Work sheet to Ascii Text

From: Ranjan Sharma (webuser@thelinuxusers.net)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 23:13:00 EDT

Hi,

        yes it is simple but boring repitive job. I have to do
this every tuesday so i was thinking of writing a script.
The only piece that was missing is converting of the
Excel file to csv(Or any other text file that can be scripted)
.Since i don't have control on other programs which feeds me the data
i get data only in this format instead of a text file.

        I think now with the help of those modules (i have to
spent some time learing perl but it will be worth it)i can
automate the process.

Bye
ranjan