Re: [SLUG] Converting from a Excel Work sheet to Ascii Text

From: Logan (logan1304@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 23:20:26 EDT

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 20:57, Ranjan Sharma wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am looking for some help on parsing an excel worksheet.
> I want to convert it into a tab seperated file. Is there any
> utility that exist that i can use. Openoffice can do that
> but it is a manual process. Has anyone come across any
> application or a library that can convert an excel file
> to ascii.
> Bye
> ranjan

Sorry, but I am "in my cups" right now, as I have just returned to
Sarasota (yes, five months in a row I have missed the LUG meetings, but
one must make a living... just seems I always travel on the meeting
dates, grrrr...) anyway, I am glad to be back home, but I believe there
is a PERL script that does exactly what you want, but in my current
state, I <insert Irish brough here> canna remember what it is called.
Go to www.perlmonks.org and use their search engine with "excel" as your
topic. You might have to adjust the script to do your 'tab' thing, but
I think I have seen this before. Unfortunately, or fortunately,
depending on your take of the juice of the barley, I am under Sam Adams
control right now. Hopefully this will point you in the semi-correct
direction. <stumbling to bed>

The Drunk Irishman,
Logan

--
23:05:01 up 34 days, 14:44, 1 user, load average: 0.20, 0.39, 0.23
Good day for a change of scene. Repaper the bedroom wall.