Re: [SLUG] Converting from a Excel Work sheet to Ascii Text

From: Pat Morris (p2002morris@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 09:31:39 EDT

You can save your excel spreadsheet as a tab
deliminated file by default just by saving it as a
text file. -Pat

 Logan wrote:On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 20:57, Ranjan
Sharma wrote:> Hi guys,> > I am looking for some help
on parsing an excel worksheet.> I want to convert it
into a tab seperated file. Is there any> utility that
exist that i can use. Openoffice can do that> but it
is a manual process. Has anyone come across any>
application or a library that can convert an excel
file> to ascii.> Bye> ranjanSorry, but I am "in my
cups" right now, as I have just returned toSarasota
(yes, five months in a row I have missed the LUG
meetings, butone must make a living... just seems I
always travel on the meetingdates, grrrr...) anyway, I
am glad to be back home, but I believe thereis a PERL
script that does exactly what you want, but in my
currentstate, I canna remember what it is called. Go
to www.perlmonks.org and use their search engine with
"excel" as yourtopic. You might have to adjust the
script to do your 'tab' thing, butI think I have seen
this before. Unfortunately, or fortunately,depending
on your take of the juice of the barley, I am under
Sam Adamscontrol right now. Hopefully this will point
you in the semi-correctdirection. The Drunk
Irishman,Logan-- 23:05:01 up 34 days, 14:44, 1 user,
load average: 0.20, 0.39, 0.23Good day for a change of
scene. Repaper the bedroom wall.Registered Linux User
277656 ICQ 72101412> ATTACHMENT part 2
application/pgp-signature name=signature.asc