Re: [SLUG] A/S 400 Interface in Linux

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 08:42:18 EDT

You need tn3250 terminal. I remember a tn3250 project a while back that
compiled/ran under linux, but I can't for the life of me hunt it down.
It seems that it's possible to use x3270 with a special keymappings file
to act as a tn3250 terminal:

        http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/doc/x3270-as400.html

This is probably the fastest solution for you as x3270 comes with just
about every Linux distribution I've used.

Anything that follows RFC1205 (telnet 3250) should do.

If you're looking for a commercial solution, I've grown to like
HOBLink's RDP client - and their JTerm product evaluation with 3250
emulation is downloadable from thier website:

        http://www.hobsoft.com/www_us/produkte/connect/jterm-f.htm

There are others, like IBM's HostAccess and Hummingbird eXceed's
HostExplorer..

I only wish I could still find tn3250. It's odd that it has completely
fallen off the face of the planet.

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>