Re: [SLUG] Crusoe Processor

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 13:38:09 EDT

My Question is does any company right now produce a mother board that will
support the Transmeta Processor for clone pc's? Also what is the cost ans
where can one obtain a Cursoe Processor.

Also tell me that this is a joke
http://www.transmeta.com/developers/devkit.html $995.00
Just for MotherBoard and Cpu only at 800mhz?

For $335.00 I can build a dual Athlon Xp 1600 MotherBoard and Cpu's .

Unless things change the prices will kill the Cursoe.

I thought when the Curose was being developed it was price and performance
that was suppose to make this thing cheap. How can one justify 3 times the
cost of the dual xp and motherboard?