Re: [SLUG] Crusoe Processor

From: Martin C. Messer (marty@redhat.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 08:41:49 EDT

My understanding of Crusoe's purpose is not low price, high performance,
but low _power consumption_ and high performance. Not to mention low
heat, light weight, and x86 compatibility.

To my knowledge the only Crusoe-based systems are currently appliances,
specialized notebooks/tablets, and high-density servers like RLX blades.
In other words, you can't build one yourself (unless you buy the dev
kit!).