RE: [SLUG] New Linux Users Group Forming

From: David Meyer (david@crbtechnologies.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 14:29:50 EDT

You know, it is this very thing that will keep Linux from ever becoming what
it can be. You don't want to like me, that's OK with me. I seem to have a
lot of friends on this list :) Unfortunately, you don't know me unless you
worked on this project with the group that said "yes, we'll help."

Russ, you seem to have an opinion about absolutely everything, and don't
mind sharing it with the group. That's fine. It was you who called me a
troll a few months back. It was you who called me a Windows oriented user.
Guess what Russ, until Linux can do everything that Bill's OS can do, I have
no choice to use BOTH systems...as do 95% of the world's largest companies.
If that bothers you, fine. I can't make everyone happy, and I'm not going
to break a sweat trying with you.

As for my starting a new LUG in Brandon, the goal is to have a group that
does some different things technology wise to learn from each others
experience, and where one won't get beheaded for something like posting a
job to try and help people who need work.

Another interesting thing...nobody who actually helped has said anything.
The only people who are upset are those of you who have done nothing at all.
That is something I find fascinating. To me, it shows where the real
integrity is.

Dave