Re: [SLUG] R/O Floppies

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 21:25:38 EDT

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 07:41:50PM -0400, Mario Lombardo wrote:

> Paul, you're like me :^). Remember those Debian Sparc issues I had.
> Well, I solved them...the machine is OFF!
>
> Despite the fact Debian turned us away, we hard-heads keep coming
> back. Hopefully, for less of a beating.

I know what you mean. I used to run Red Hat, but I pined for Debian.
Just before they issued 3.0, I went back and have been generally
pleased. They're shooting for six month release cycles in the future. If
they manage it, I'll be very happy; that was my biggest beef. Of course,
if you want the machine to admin itself and GUI you through everything,
Debian is not where you belong. ;-}

Paul