Re: [SLUG] tftp-server troubles with thin client setup

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 10:46:40 EDT

On 11 Sep 2002, Ian C. Blenke wrote:

> Edit your /etc/inetd.conf:
>
> # pico /etc/inetd.conf

nope -- xinetd in RH 7.1 and following -- Manage from 'setup'
and then 'System services' -- check 'tftp-server' and as
needed, 'xinetd'. Save, and then run: service xinetd restart
Tail /var/log/messages for debugging information

When you enable the tftp-server -- the options would (should
-- I'll check, although I no longer run a tftp server on RH
7.2 locally) be manually set in /etc/sysconfig/tftp(something)
or in /etc/xinetd.d/tfpt(something)

As before, then run: service xinetd restart
Tail /var/log/messages for debugging information

For watching network layer 2 and 3 transaction traffic in a
set of consoles, nothing beats tcpdump, but tcpflow comes
close for honeing in to a particular session. Available duly
RPM packages, with a SRPM at:
   ftp.owlriver.com
in
   /pub/local/ORC/tcp{dump|flow}/