Re: [SLUG] ThinkNIC can't find PXE-T01, tftp server error

From: John Clay (john.clay@lfr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 15:38:43 EDT

Context: For the sake of continuity I continued using the two docs, and associated
files, with which I started. They are :

1) "LTSP - Linux Terminal Server Project - v3.0" by James McQuillan for my server
side and;

2) "LTSP - ThinkNIC HOWTO" by John Robertson for the terminal side.

I haven't started following the docs Ian mentioned - yet. I didn't want to blend
multiple recipies for phear of getting completly lost.

Both server and thinknic are configured well enough that the thinknic finds the dhcp
server and gets an ip number. Here is what I see on screen next:

TFTP
PXE-T01: file not found
TFTP
PXE-T01: file not found
PXE-E3B: TFTP Error - file not found

Is this where tftpd fails and is therefore the reason to use hpa-tftpd server? I'm
guessing yes is the answer. I've looked around a little and haven't found an rpm for
RH - do you know where one is hiding? Meantime I'll continue to look.

John