Re: [SLUG] R/O Floppies

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 23:02:34 EDT

> I never mess with them. And no, the fstab doesn't say the floppy is R/O.
> And I'd really rather not resort to a power cycle.

   You should be able to manually mount, test and umount /fd0
(or whatever) with no fstab entry, until you find out what is
bizarre, by specifying the complete `mount' command line switches.
   I would be happy to help, with simulations here, but things work
correct for me, or I simply consider what I get correct.
        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% LINUX, since July, 1997 SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm