Re: [SLUG] dhcp server in support of my Thin Client attempt

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 19:42:17 EDT

On 11 Sep 2002, Ian C. Blenke wrote:

> Well, here's the thing: you really can't have more than one DHCP server
> on a segment unless you statically add host entries by hand.

ummm ... using the dhcpctl API or OMAPI, it is perfectly
possible to configure automated multiple failover or load
spreading dhcp servers on the same network segments and
servicing the same subnets. The facility is readily available
in dhcp-3 packaging. But not a task for a beginner.

-- Russ Herrold