Re: [SLUG] IBM Conspiracy

From: Joe Orthoefer (joeo@nks.net)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 19:47:09 EDT

One the thinkpad 600's there was a dos executable you needed to get off of
IBM's web site to hard configure the legacy hardware. The windows drivers
that came with the hardware configured those things at run time, but the dos
executable could do some bios stuff and make them work properly with out
those magic init strings.