Re: [SLUG] tftp and dhcp server selection for thinclient/pxelinux bootloader

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 09:30:08 EDT

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 07:43, John Clay wrote:
> I downloaded ISC DHCP Server (latest) and TFTP-HPA Server on the chance that the
> Red Hat TFTP and DHCP Servers don't support transfer size. But, RH uses xinetd.d
> based files instead of inetd.conf, and sometimes puts files in locations that are
> different from other distributions. The servers I got are bzipped, not rpm
> compilations for RH distributions. So, if I issue the commands:
>
> # ./configure
> # make
> # make install
>
> will everything be in the right place and format for RH or will I have a nice
> installation for the wrong dist?

If you don't specify a prefix with --prefix, typically everything is
thrown into /usr/local. Try this:

        # ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc

That should make the build more LSB friendly, but will mix binaries with
the RPM package binaries already in /usr/sbin and elsewhere.

Your best bet is to get the SRPM file for the package, install it, edit
the .spec file to build with the configure flags you need (with the
tsize option for example), and then rpm -bb the .spec file to build a
real RPM.

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net> <ian@blenke.com>
http://ian.blenke.com