Re: [SLUG] ThinkNIC/Thin Client networkboot = Stuck.

From: John Clay (john.clay@lfr.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 10:56:25 EDT

Thanks loads for keeping me alive with this.

Your right - pathing was absolute and RH tftp-server expected relative

I also changed to the dhcp.conf example supplied by John Roberston, in
his Thinknic material, which is easier for me to understand and I think
better suited to this task.

At boot the Thinknic found the boot loader. Many lines of code flashed
by. Fantastic. How do I capture them in a file? I tried appending
redirection commands in dhcpd.conf like so: "pxelinux.0 >
/home/jmc/logfile" . Didn't work.

Is there anyway to reboot Thinknic from the KB? I'm tired of hammering
the on/off button. It seems brutal.

Big progress. It's finding IRQs, getting IP numbers and more stuff than
I can digest as it scrolls by - but it all looks good 'till it stalls
with the following tail lines:

looking up port of rpc 100003/2 on 192.168.0.254
Root-NFS: Server returned error-13 while mounting /tftpboot/lts/ltsroot
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy
VFS: Cannon open root device "nfs" or 02:00
Kernel Panic blah blah blah

/var/log/messages looks good 'till last line:
rpc.mountd: refused to mount request from ws100 for
/tftpboot/lts/ltsroot (/): no export entry

The directory tree exists and it's 777 throughout.

I've attached latest files if you have time to look.

Thanks an awful lot.

John