Re: [SLUG] tftp-server troubles with thin client setup

From: robin (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 16:09:14 EDT

Adrian deLisser wrote:
> How many server machines support the 250 client machines?
>
> What's the maximum number of clients you've observed connected to a
> server?

The largest number of thin clients I have personally seen run on one
Linux server is 410. That was on a dual processor box, and I don't
remember its specs but it was nothing overly fancy.

> How is printing setup on the clients? (lpr, dhcp ?)

I haven't been watching this closely. There's some company that has a
proprietary "enterprise level" printing program out there that's
supposed to be pretty good - won all kinds of awards - but their name
escapes me at the moment. But yeah, lpr will work through a network.

- Robin "Roblimo" Miller
    Editor in Chief, OSDN
    (Linux.com, Newsforge.com,
    freshmeat.net, Slashdot.org,