Re: [SLUG] Partitioning (Again?!)

From: Paul Braman (aeon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 23:04:27 EDT

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Paul M Foster wrote:

> Now, the question is, given _this_ situation, are there any
> liabilities to the one-partition-rsync'd-to-a-second-drive scenario?

One thing I would investigate, if you felt like it, is motherboards with
RAID controllers built in. You could run in "whatever that RAID is that
protects data in cast of failure, instead of for speed" and you wouldn't
have to do the rsync yourself.

Just a thought.

As for the partition, simple is better sometimes. :)

Paul Braman
aeon@tampabay.rr.com