[SLUG] Pretty Output -- TeX? PS?

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 22:04:32 EDT

I'm looking to be able to create nice looking output on a laser printer
from text files (of whatever variety). Let's say I want to generate
forms. In particular, I want to be able to do reversed-out text, meaning
white letters on a black background. Eventually, I'd also like to be
able to put logos and such on the forms as well.

I think TeX is probably made for this, but I know very little about it.
Nor do I really know where to find the data, except for some probably
huge tome by Don Knuth on the subject.

In any case, do you think TeX is the best tool, or is something better?
Likewise, does anyone know how I can produce reversed out text, etc.?

Paul