Re: [SLUG] Recommendation for CD burner

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 01:08:18 EDT

TDK Velocity 48x R 16x RW 48X Play 48 X RIP Just Got it 3 Minutes to Burn
700 Meg Cd Also already have burned 40 Cd's in 6 days with it. :-) I have
been using a TDK 12x for over a year with over 500 + Burns and only 1
coaster when first playing with it. 6 Minutes To Burn 700 meg $109.00 at
Best Buy with $20.00 Mail In Rebate. $89.00 has burn proof and Rated one of
the Best according to Maximum Pc, Zdnet has a review of Them.

Also the 12x I have has the same Chips in it as the Plextor. Also Highly
Rated.

With the excellent experience that I have had with the 12x I had no problem
buying the 48 X :-)
Also when I bought my 12x almost 18 months ago I paid $160.00 on sale for it
talk about times a changing !

My 2 Servers and my other 2 Pc will be getting TDK's in them when I get a
chance.

P.S. Diane has burned 10 cd's in two days with my old 12x TDK She says
thumbs up.
Also 4 of my friends have switched to them and love them as well.

Now if Sony would drop the prices on the DVDR they have just came out with
to about $120.00 I would snag one of them. They Support all the DVD formats.
How ever at $560.00 I will pass for about another year on one of them Unless
TDK comes out with one which I think now is in the Works.

Enjoy.
Bill Preece