[SLUG] Yamaha OPL3-SA3 and Red Hat 7.3 prob

From: J.H.J (housej55@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 22:37:19 EDT

Hello,
 I am totally new to the list and the world of Linux. Just installed Red Hat
7.3 over the weekend and like it a lot, but cannot get my OPL3-SA3 sound to
work. It's onboard, but the Red Hat HCL shows support for it. When I bring
up the Hardware Browser in KDE, it shows under Sound Cards "OPL3-SA3 Snd
System Unknown". Then of course if I go to Unkown devices, it's listed in
there too. Is there a way to activate it. Getting errors while booting into
KDE that sound service could not start.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff