RE: [SLUG] Yamaha OPL3-SA3 and Red Hat 7.3 prob

From: housej55@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 13:03:29 EDT

The exact name of the onboard sound chip is OPL3-SA3. This was a downloaded
version of Red Hat 7.3 so no support.
Haven't done the Redhat's config program. Not too familiar with it yet. Is it
labeled Red Hat Config ?

THanks in advance,
 Jefff

> --- "J.H.J" <housej55@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> > root@localhost root]# tail -f /var/log/messages
>
> > Sep 25 01:01:44 jh modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
> > sound-service-0-0
>
> Are you sure you installed the sound module (driver)? I can't remember
> if you said so in your first email.... If not, run Redhat's config
> program from the KDE menu and do so. Also, what is the exact name of
> your sound hardware? If it's onboard, you need to consult your
> motherbaord's manual, otherwise your soundcard manual, heh. So tell me
> the name when you find out.
>
> Also, did you purchase Redhat 7.3 recently? Did you register it? Have
> you sent them a tech support email? (after you register RH 7.3, go to
> redhat.com, --> "log in" at the top left corner of the page, --> click
> the support/docs button on the nav bar, --> click "ticket manager",
> then submit your request.)
>

> =====
> j -- m9u35@yahoo.com
> Saying that the constitution is a "living, breathing document" is the same
thing as saying
that there is no constitution. How would you like to play poker with rules that are
"living?" (Walter Williams, Rush Limbaugh Show, 17 June 2002 broadcast)