Re: [SLUG] Can't find SAMBA shares using WAN

From: Ben Ostrowsky (ostrowb@tblc.org)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 09:03:52 EDT

Welcome, Carsten! You've done a pretty good job of describing the
problem, I'd say.

Just to clarify, do I understand correctly that your Win2k machine CAN
see the shares when connected by wire, but NOT when wireless?

If that's the case, then you might want to simplify your troubleshooting
by ignoring Linux for now -- get the Win2k machine working wirelessly
and then go from there.

You mentioned port forwarding. Do both machines have private IP
addresses?

Are the shares out on the Internet somewhere? Perhaps you could try
setting up a share on your Win2k machine and making sure that your Linux
machine can see and use them, and vice versa.

I don't know if I can solve the problem, but I'll try to keep asking
questions until you do. ;)

Hope to see you at a meeting,
Ben