Re: [SLUG] Can't find SAMBA shares using WAN

From: Joe (mce@dalismustache.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 22:41:21 EDT

Quite often household/soho routers block netbios requests.
This usually can be disabled in the router's setup.
However I would suggest that the idea that you or noone else can access
samba/netbios from the internet is a very very GOOD thing.
But if you are willing to accept the risks involved and have a need to access
them from outside just check very carefully through your router's setup as
you'll probabaly find that it is intentionally blocking netbios.

-Joe