Re: [SLUG] Recommendations for adsl providers

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 23:58:57 EDT

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 08:11:35PM -0400, Smitty wrote:

> I am looking for a adsl provider who has a reasonable monthly fee and will
> accept a cheque for payment. Any suggestions?

You're on one. Verizon DSL charges a total of $40 a month, which
includes the DSL connection and the use of them as an ISP ($5 of that
$40). The benefit of using them as the ISP is that they can't
finger-point when things go wrong, and they won't sabotage their own
equipment/connections the way they might with second-source ISPs colo'd
in their central office.

And of course, they bill you on your phone bill = chec[k|que].

Paul