Re: [SLUG] Memory & Athlon Processor for sale

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 18:51:10 EDT

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 03:40:20PM -0400, David R. Meyer wrote:

> Good Afternoon...
>
> I have the following memory chips for sale:

I'm not sure how much clearer I can make this. But I'm going to try one
more time.

I've put up with this selling stuff for a while, because in general I
haven't seen any harm in it; most people are just trying to clean out
their garages, and don't want a lot of money. However, it's obvious that
it's being abused, and I can't let it slide any more. In order to
protect the list from the inevitable abuse, I have to make the rule more
concrete.

If you want to _give_ things away, I'll tolerate it on a limited basis.
However...

This is not a bazaar. It's not a place to sell things. It's an email
list. It's mostly for technical stuff. If you want to sell things here,
you're in the wrong place. The place for that is the For Sale page on
the SLUG website:

http://www.suncoastlug.org/forsale.html

That's what the For Sale page was created for. I hate to be so rigid
about this, but it seems that otherwise, it will continue to be abused.

Paul M. Foster
President
Suncoast Linux Users Group (SLUG)