Re: [SLUG] SuSE 7.3pro to 8.1pro upgrade bombs

From: David Meyer (dmeyer07@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 20:45:19 EDT

Let me second that one! This is one Windows haters can enjoy. A customer
asked me to do an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows XP Professional. Not a
clean rebuild, but an upgrade. Within three weeks the system went into a
crash mode (would not stay up and running more than 3 minutes) and caused
LOTS of lost man hours while we recovered what we could, and then rebuilt
him from scratch. Tried to convince him Linux was the way to go, but the
home office said no. Aw well...it made for a good laugh anyway!

Dave