Re: [SLUG] SuSE 7.3pro to 8.1pro upgrade bombs

From: Smitty (a.smitty@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 20:42:03 EDT

A new install Can be done, but it is too much of a pain in the arse.
The reason I went to suse was because of hardware recognition and smooth
upgrades.
Seriously though, the ..new install.." line has got to be the copout of the
linux world on the same order of magnitude as "reformat disk, reinstall" is
in the microsoft world. I just don't buy it.
They need to get their code right. That is what I am paying for.
Smitty