Re: [SLUG] SuSE 8.0 Pro available

From: Jan Mason (td376@mail.anonymizer.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 16:19:34 EDT

For these reasons I have a monthly subscription for KRUD Red Hat Linux.

     http://www.tummy.com/krud

Once a month I get three CDs in the mail. $65.00 for 12 months.

KRUD is based on a complete Red Hat Linux install with all of the errata
and updates included, plus extra packages added in by Kevin of tummy.com.

This is a lot cheaper than getting the Red Hat box sets.

bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> This is what I meant by the issue like I had with Novell.
> You have to have each update or patch all the way up to the current version.
> Also though it is ashame they are forcing you to have to get each version to
> move up or they will not support the product. This is something they need to
> re-evaluate. This is like no matter what you should have each version or we
> are not going to help you though when you purchase the product it says that
> you get tech support.
>
> Hopefully this will get better. The one thing that is also a bit sad is if
> you have to keep upgrading each version every 5 - 6 months then that can get
> expensive.
>
> See ya.

[snip]

--