Re: [SLUG] Laptop

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 11:08:41 EDT

I have a Compaq with AMD Athlon works great as well as one with a K6 no
problems here.
As far as Durons I think that is a great Chip we have 4 desktop systems
running Durons no problems.
About Dell's with AMD unless they changed Michael Dell was strong with being
a Intel Only company.
That may have changed if they have then I would not have any problems With a
Latitude or a Inspiron being AMD powered if that is a option.

Dell does a good job on their warranties on their equipment. In fact on the
Desktop side usually 24 hours they have replacement parts in your hand same
with replaceable parts in the laptops hard drive or Batteries.

I will say this Stick to a name brand in a laptop because the generics
should a battery go bad you may not be able to get a replacement one.

We had this problem at Walter Industries I called over 30 places
specializing in Batteries no one had any for 3 Laptops we had. The company
that had made them went out of business in 6 months and there was no way we
could find a battery for it and we even had one place try to rebuild and he
was unable to do so.

We had to run them with adapters all the time or you had nothing. Not all
laptop Batteries are created equal nor are they standard.