RE: [SLUG] A little help here please, corected

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 15:35:15 EDT

I am trying to upgrade pam-0.74-22 to pam-0.75.14 (needed to upgrade
util-linux to vs 2.11n-85 ( which is needed to upgrade the
initscripts-6.41-85 which is needed to compile my 2.4.18.4 kernel.

I have tried everything I can think of: install, Upgrade, force install,
force Upgrade and when I do my rpm -qa to see if pam has been upgraded, it
still says pam-0.74-22. I have tried unsuccessfully to remove pam-0.74
first,,well you can forget that with all the dependencies :o)

Has the upgrade actually taken place but somehow the system did not get
updated?

I did not get any error messages in my installs or upgrades with or without
the --force option.

What next please?

Michael C. Rock