[SLUG] Red Hat 8.0

From: David R. Meyer (dmeyer07@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 09:30:54 EDT

I stand converted...

Last night I installed RH8.0 on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 (PIII
900MHz, 256MB RAM, 20GB Drive. Since I am working on my RHCE I
installed EVERYTHING (as a server) so I can use it while on the road to
boost my skills.

It installed FLAWLESSLY, and has performed without a hitch. With SuSE,
there were some issues, but I was able to get around them. I have not
yet found anything wrong.

I am amazed at how easy it was for the laptop. Of all the distros I
have tried thus far, this one had the fewest issues. And something else
seems to be true as well...it seems to run faster than the SuSE I had
installed.

Anyway, I'm glad I made the switch.

Dave