Re: [SLUG] Direct tv dsl Demands payment by credit card

From: Joe Brandt (bytemepc@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 16:21:56 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Smitty" <a.smitty@verizon.net>
To: <slug@nks.net>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 7:07 PM
Subject: [SLUG] Direct tv dsl Demands payment by credit card

> A couple weeks ago someone posted that direct tv would accept a cheque for
> payment. I just spoke with a Mr. Pole there and he told me that the
policy
> for dsl sales was credit card only. I told him I received information to
the
> contrary. He said that could have been a direct tv cable customer who
got
> dsl in addition, but not dsl only.
> So, to clarify any false information otherwise:
> Direct tv dsl Demands payment by credit card.
> Smitty

No I do not have a satellite system and will have not given them permission
to access my credit card for anything but the shipping and handling. I did
call them up a while ago and refuse to sign up when they told me credit card
only.

They since sent me an offer for 2 months free plus a wireless keyboard and
mouse and when I responded they asked me where to send the bills.

This is not heresy this is in fact first person information that either Mr.
Pole is ignorant of or not willing to disclose.