Re: [SLUG] Problem with new HD

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 18:18:21 EDT

If the Mother Board is a Super Socket 7 or a PII the maximum they usually
support is 30 gig.
In which case you would have to get a ide controller card such as a SIIG
from Best Buys or Comp USA for around $35-$45.00.

Also be sure to check the hard drive documentation and check either the
Mother Board Support website or the Computer OEM if it is a name brand to
see what they tell you. Also make sure your jumpers is set properly.

Good Luck.
Bill Preece