[SLUG] Making an alias permanent...I need help

From: David R. Meyer (dmeyer07@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 22:17:20 EDT

I am trying to make an alias permanent by adding it to the .bashrc
file. However, I don't appear to be doing it right because it doesn't
take. I am using pico to edit the file as I am not all that comfortable
with vi (it's been a while).

This is what is looks like:

alias labs='ssh -l DT_xxxxxxx_xxxxx labs2.digitalthink.com'

I know this works, but I've not gotten it to be permanent yet.
Can someone fill me in as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dave