Re: Re: [SLUG] RH 8.0 install

From: craig (cwc@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 23:08:55 EDT

FYI, gentoo http://www.gentoo.org/ linux now has their live cd that ships
with UnrealTournament2003 <demo> built right in. it does not use wineX,
just OpenGL and the UT port. <yes, the game is awesome <no, really.> i
have the full copy, but its for winblowz>
from my limited linux gaming experience, i think there is less success with
games using WineX, then just obtaining a port or whatever of a game and
running straight through linux using opengl. comparable frame rates are
achieved that way. <some even better in some cases.>
and if someone gets the full copyof ut2k3 <they have a non-play dedicated
server version for linux.> running great on linux, LET ME KNOW! :-)

-craig and his wandering consciousness.