Re: [SLUG] Linux Games (was RH 8.0 install)

From: Logan (logan1304@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 22:52:48 EDT

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 18:57, Matthew Moen wrote:
> Thus spake Logan on the 15 day of the 10 month in the year 2002:
> > On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 17:09, Vernon Singleton wrote:
> > This is wandering way off the thread, but I really enjoy "Civilization A
>
> Ah...let's just start a new thread ;-)
>
> > Call To Power." Its a great strategy game, Linux native, and you can
> > play on line too. Of course, my all time favorite game is Nethack, but
> > typically its too warm in Florida to play games for me. Code at work
> > and play outside after work! Game during the winter!
>
> While they're a little rough around the edges, be sure to check out
> Freeciv and Freecraft:
> http://www.freeciv.org/
> http://www.freecraft.org/
>
> Do watch out for freeciv. Lots of the things that are really annoying
> about the commercial versions have been fixed with Freeciv. I had the
> unfortunate experience of installing a copy of Freeciv a few months ago.
> A good chunk of a weekend disappeared in the ether. :-)
>
> Be warned though...neither of these games have spectacular graphics by
> today's standards. That doesn't make them any less fun (and time
> consuming) IMHO, though.

Arrrgh!!! Freeciv!!! If I could have back the countless hours I have
lost to that great game. I wish I could beat the computer just one time
though! Everytime an newer version comes out, it is more difficult to
defeat. To me, it seems all the free games I enjoy, just completely
demolish me. Freeciv and Nethack. I have yet to win/beat either and
thats the reason I love them.

Logan

--
22:45:01 up 86 days, 14:21, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.22, 0.60
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_104.html