Re: [SLUG] Accounting program for Linux

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 02:00:18 EDT

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 10:37:39PM -0400, Smitty wrote:

> Does anyone here use an accounting program that runs on Linux?
> I recently purchased mybooks from appgen to find that it only runs on linux
> versions over a year old. (This is per their tech support) Yes, I did return
> it for a refund.
> Smitty

You might try SQLedger (see freshmeat). It's browser based, but nicely
done.

The definitive treatment of this stuff, I think, is this link:

http://www.cbbrowne.com/info/finances.html

C.B.Browne also has some pages about DBMSes and other things. He has a
background in finance, so it's worthwhile looking over his critiques.

Paul