Re: [SLUG] backends for Pine

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 18:31:59 EDT

> I have been using Postfix as a server for almost a year and I have had no trouble at all. What you ask is the secret of this amazing thing? I'll tell you; it is a book I purchase called, "Postfix" by Richard Blum, SAMS, 201 West 103rd Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46290 and the most important ISBN 0-672-32114-9.

I also use postfix, and I have found it both stable and easy-to-configure (IMO). Courier is also a good MTA, but is slightly harder to configure (AIMO).

> This is the FIRST book I have ever found about an opensource program that was written to the level of the average person. My complaint with programmers is they WILL NEVER use a simple word when a much more complicated one can be found. It seems they have to prove to the world that they did learn something in college.

I prefer the phrase, "algorithm developer and implementation engineer" to programmer, and would prefer immensely if you would use this fantabulous substitution in all future references.

Levi ;)