Re: [SLUG] Tina on the Register

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 17:47:50 EDT

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 09:41:27AM -0400, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:

> rhatman@earthlink.net wrote:
>
> >Congratulations to Tina who has done it again.
> >http://www.theregus.com/content/4/26741.html
> >is a review of what happens when the Xandros Linux
> >CD is put in the beverage tray.
> >

> (sigh) Originally published at NewsForge, as are a high percentage of
> the articles I see boosted on this list and others, although no one ever
> has courtesy to link to the original.
>
> Perhaps we should close the site. Why bother operating it and paying
> salaries if people only read our content elsewhere?

IANAL, but I know that with books, they're copyrighted and you can't
just snarf them. I would assume that the same is true for print news
media. Can you/do you do the same thing for your website stories? I
assume that if the Register snakes the story direct, you could give them
a call and ask for compensation or cease-and-desist? Anyone ever heard
of the Berne Convention?

Paul