Re: [SLUG] Star Office 6.0 & 5.2 Importation of MS Office Documents

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 17:44:04 EDT

>If 6.0 is significantly better at importation of Office documents I'd sure
>like to know it.

It's so much better it'll make you cry. OOo (freebie) is also way better
than SO 5.2, but SO 6 has many cool templates that OO doesn't. Worth $75
IMO, although others are free to disagree.

BTW, My book is out now. I mention only because I wrote it in OO & AFAIK
it was the first book written in it. Details at
http://buildprofitsonline.com

Curt... if you're still on the list... you get a free opy because you
are the one who pushed me over the edge into actually writing it....

- Robin