RE: [SLUG] backends for Pine

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 19:13:58 EDT

After reading all of this I would like to ask
a question, I had in a previous post asked about
running a small server for a few family users,
I was directed to check some stuff out on the
net, I also got a rec for qmail (along with the
usual caviat with regards to the author) and
also fetchmail. I also made some comments based
on the horror stories I have heard with regards
to sendmail... I think we all have a good list
of them, but is there a real place where you can
compare them all to make a final determination
as to which one to use?

Seems there should be someplace that has done
some sort of comparitive study of them and put
it in a format that is easy to rapidly view
and eliminate the worst offenders so one could
then select a few packages and try them out.

This whole thing at times gets to almost a
religous level and that can cloud good solid
analysis.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com