[SLUG] ROTFL moment

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 18:07:05 EDT

A bit off subject but I'll share it anyway.

My boss sent me a microsoft word document today and when I started
microsoft word 2000 and attempted to open the file it responded with a
message something to the effect of invalid document and/or invalid name
and gave me a blank document. Double checked the name and it was ok.
Changed the name and tried again -- same thing. Word just couldn't do a
thing with that .doc file.

I copied the .doc to my laptop (running Linux) and started StarOffice
6.0. It opened the .doc just fine -- no problems. I haven't laughed
that hard in a long time! I did my work using StarOffice and went about
my business.

I shared the fun with the rest of the office and now I shared it with
you all.

Ed.