[SLUG] Permissions Problem

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 23:01:27 EDT

I have a local box (internal network behind the firewall) called
spaceghost. I want to set up spaceghost to mirror all the websites we've
built, most of which I have copies of on my local machine (rocky).
Spaceghost has samba, nfs and apache running. This is Debian 3.0, so
apache lives at /var/www on that machine. I've set up the exports file
on spaceghost to export /var/www, and I've mounted it as /mnt/www on
rocky (my box).

I've changed the perms on spaceghost's directories as follows:

drwxrwxr-x /var/www root web

I created various directories under spaceghost's /var/www, such as:

drwxrwxr-x /var/www/www.suncoastlug.org root web

I created the web group and added myself to that group, so I _should_ be
able to futz around in that directory.

HOWEVER, when I attempt to copy files from rocky's
/var/www/www.suncoastlug.org directory (where the slug site lives
locally), to spaceghost's /var/www/www.suncoastlug.org directory, I get
a permissions failure. Rocky's fstab file looks like this:

spaceghost:/var/www /mnt/www nfs defaults,rw 0 0

Any clue why I can't copy the files from rocky to spaceghost?

Paul