Re: [SLUG] need a demo

From: Patrick Grantham \(at work\) (pwgrant@cssi-fl.com)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 10:36:12 EDT

I have been successful only by setting samba to use plain text and adding
the registry hack to the win9x client that enables plain text passwords. I
seem to recall a M$ white paper at said to join an NT domain, and NT box
must encrypt passwords. I would prefer to set Samba to use the same
encryption algorithm as M$. I guess do not understand how to enable
challenge/response encryption
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q165403)

You seem to know. Can you do a walk through demo/presentation at a mtg in
Tampa or Bradenton?

--Patrick