Re: [SLUG] Internet Permissions

From: Paul Hardiman (paul.hardiman@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Oct 25 2002 - 19:34:03 EDT

FWIW, I am using verizon dsl via PPPoE on my modem router.
I have to connect using my account/passwd.
Something I didn't not need to do on Qwest DSL (the modem itself used
account info).

However, as to your real question - hmmm. Once you have a root session
running and have accessed something on the internet, I wonder if you
open another session as yourself, if you can ping an internet domain.

I know this is grabbing at straws, but not a lot of people are jumping
on this one.

Regards,
Paul Hardiman